The Art of Protecting Sensitive Data with Data Governance
Globally, enterprises are managing more data than ever before and according to IDC, by 2025, the global datasphere is projected to reach 175 zettabytes. Data is of utmost importance for enterprises to access and use the data to manage day-to-day business operations and improve efficiency. As enterprises are using data for various purposes such as enterprise uses, customer loyalty programs, scalability and availability, protecting sensitive data is of utmost importance.
Three challenges to be considered are:
- The first and foremost challenge for any enterprise is to make the right use of the data to improve their services.
- The second challenge is to meet all compliances and regulatory standards in the process of using the data.
- To ensure business continuity by avoiding data breaches, unauthorized access and mitigate any type of data-related risks.
Data Governance Initiates Data Security
Everyone in the enterprise is either involved in using or maintaining the enterprise data and the task of protecting sensitive data will be more successful if both business and IT collaborate to understand, discover and govern the data assets. By resolving data issues undiscovered and unknown, Data Governance improves the value of the enterprise data
Data Governance helps to
- Define and classify data handling rules
- Deliver roles that are relevant for protecting sensitive data
- Choose relevant data sharing process to govern
- Gradual strategic implementation to protect the entire enterprise data
- To measure protection to demonstrate the data governance performance
Secure your sensitive data by understanding what is sensitive in your data, set the rules for handling it accordingly, include technical controls with Data Governance to ensure the data is handled properly. The following questions will help you to protect your sensitive data.
- What data and where is it now?
- The source of the data and how it has changed?
- Is that sensitive data or are there any risks associated with it?
- Who is authorized for the usage and if yes and how?
Data Governance helps to protect sensitive data across multiple environments and meet all regulatory such as General-Data-Protection-Regulation-Europe, Data Assurance to comply with CCPA, Data Assurance to comply with PDPA, and Data Assurance to comply with BCBS 239 and helps you to gain insights and help to prevent rising data privacy breaches by saving time, effort and cost
Data Catalog will help Data Discovery and better metadata management
By understanding the following parameters sensitive data can be well protected.
- Availability of the data
- Relationship between data
- Associated processes and systems
- Guidelines for usage and authorized users
- The data assets location
Data is a new gold and valuable asset for enterprises to operate and manage. Though sometimes data is in databases, data lakes, and data warehouses, most of the data is apportioned and integrated across the enterprise. Locating the sensitive data and governing with data lineage and policy rules helps to meet regulatory compliance. In the process of enhancing data quality and handling data responsibility, a consistent and reliable approach has to be followed for achieving data privacy and protection. Data Governance in the context of protecting sensitive data includes discovering the key data, harvested, defined, cataloged, and standardized as part of the process and much more.
To know more information about Data Governance, please request a demo to explore Amurta’s Data Insights Platform, the Industry Prime Data Governance Tool by just clicking this link. To know further details and for any queries related to sales and support please feel free to contact us +1 888 840 0098 and you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be happy to assist you.